Explore career opportunities at HomeGoods, where we strive to provide opportunities for growth, recognition and work-life balance. HomeGoods is where savvy shoppers of every style discover an ever-changing selection of exciting top brands and home fashions from around the world, at prices generally 20%-60% below department and specialty store regular prices, on comparable merchandise, every day. With over 500 stores nationwide, it's a great time to join the HomeGoods team.
Executes the daily tasks required for Store Loss Prevention and safety programs. Maintains strong partnerships with Store Management. Conducts apprehensions within established policies and guidelines. Communicates with store Associates on damage and shrink initiatives. Identifies and resolves internal and external theft.
* Adheres to established shoplifter guidelines and policies
* Provides prompt, courteous and knowledgeable service to internal and external customers
* Promotes a culture of honesty and integrity; maintains confidentiality
* Observes, apprehends, and/or deters any acts of dishonesty from outside sources
* Participates in investigations and surveillance as assigned
* Ensures apprehensions are consistent with store theft activity
* Completes and distributes paperwork in an accurate and timely manner
* Maintains appropriate evidence, demonstrates understanding of law enforcement procedures and professionally participates in legal activities as needed (e.g., police calls, etc.)
* Coordinates and executes shrink related activities in partnership with Store Management
* Adheres to all labor laws, policies, and procedures
* Supports and participates in store shrink reduction goals and programs
* Encourages Associate use of shrink reduction resources
* Promotes safety awareness and supports maintenance of a risk-free environment
* Performs other duties as assigned.
* Excellent communication skills and sound judgment
* Basic computer skills
* Basic time management skills
* Investigative / analytical skills
* Ability to respond appropriately to changes in direction or unexpected situations
* Team player, working effectively with peers and supervisors to accomplish tasks
* Able to work a flexible schedule to support business needs
* 0-2 years retail or security experience
You can also feel good knowing that HomeGoods is part of The TJX Companies, Inc., a Fortune 100 company and the leading off-price retailer of apparel and home fashions in the U.S. and worldwide. Our retail chains include TJ Maxx, Marshalls, HomeGoods, Sierra, Winners and Homesense.
Discover Different. Apply today!
In addition to our open door policy and supportive work environment, we also strive to provide a competitive salary and benefits package. TJX considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, gender identity and expression, marital or military status, or based on any individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. TJX also provides reasonable accommodations to qualified individuals with disabilities in accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act and applicable state and local law.
Posting Notes: Woodbridge -- NJ -- HomeGoods
Nearest Major Market: New York City
Nearest Secondary Market: Newark
Job Segment: Loss Prevention, Merchandising, Apparel, Garment, Security, Retail, Fashion
Associated topics: crime scene, detective, fingerprint, inspector, investigate, investigation, investigative, investigator
* The salary listed in the header is an estimate based on salary data for similar jobs in the same area. Salary or compensation data found in the job description is accurate.