To perform routine Quality tasks associated with formal test witnessing, standard ISO compliance audits, Process/Route Card review/approval, clausing of requisitions as delegated by responsible Quality Engineer, including First Article Inspection activities and report generation, and Physical Configuration Audit activities and report generation. Works under the general direction of program engineering personnel in a manufacturing/research/design/development environment. Reports to the STS Inspector Supervisor.
* Works from various documents in multiple formats/media (specification, drawings, process sheets, ECO's), written, and verbal instructions to evaluate initial program specific inspections, inspection of supplier materials, and or disposition of incoming inspection material, utilizing a full range of complex precision tools and inspection techniques.
* Define, document, communicate, and distribute to in-process Inspectors any special program inspection requirements determined by MSPA engineers and the STS Inspector Supervisor. This includes training of, and communication with the in-process Inspectors.
* Verifies configuration of product to ensure conformity. Included in this task is validating configuration of product for shipment, interfacing with customer on sell-off, and validating shipping paperwork.
* Conducts internal compliance audits across all program functions to maintain certification, or equivalent compliance type audits.
* Performs field return evaluations to ensure returns are processed and/or repaired within guidelines. Plans, documents, and obtains approval for return processes specific to a particular program/product problem assigned by MSPA engineer and STS Inspector Supervisor.
* Works with engineering on specialized tasks associated with program issues. Generate reports, tables, and analysis using standard desktop tools.
* Witnesses tests, validating procedural compliance and data collection during conduct of test. Within this function, will be required to inform MSPA engineering of significant deviations from test, and/or test failures, requiring test delay until authorization to continue is received.
* Tabulates and analyzes supplier's and incoming inspection data for trending. Reports results to responsible MSPA Engineer, and the STS Inspector Supervisor.
* Performs other related duties as detailed by responsible STS Inspector Supervisor.
Associated topics: automation, process, prevent, prevention, quality, quality assurance, quality assurance engineer, quality assurance lead, software quality engineer, tester